As we begin the new year, there are a few things that I would love to see happen with those who call themselves Christians in America.
1) I would like to see the church recognize as a society within the kingdom of God that we are in a war. We are losing ourselves, our children and our nation to this war. There are huge casualties socially, economically, and most of all, spiritually.
2) I would like to see us understand that our Founders and those before them such as the Pilgrims recognized the word “religion” as Judeo-Christian, and none other–coming from the Word of God, the one true God. As Christ said in John 14:6, “I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes unto the Father, but by me.” If we believe it, we should stand on it.
3) I would like to see the just raise a standard of grievances based on the Word of God that is proclaimed to the government–just as the Founders took to King George. But we must be united. The so called Church, however, cannot even agree on what the Word of God says about homosexual sin, making unity a hollow word.
4) I would like to see a united movement that reaches beyond the “church” to the real people of God who want to have a country that seeks the Lord and lives by his principles–the Bible is full of examples of blessings and consequences on nations living by or denying the Lord.
5) I would like to see us turn the country toward the Lord. This will take self sacrifice and investment–hardly the mantra of the self indulgent, extra biblical, and emotional pulpit that is trying to drain all the money it can from its parishioners by making them feel empowered and good. It will take prayer AND action.
6) I would like to see us refuse to give in to satan’s unjust, liberty confining laws–We ought to follow God rather than men (Acts 5:29). Just like we resisted A & E over Duck Dynasty, we must en-mass say “NO.” Accordingly,
7) I would like to see us engage our fellow citizens using this very issue as an example. At the gas pumps, grocery lines, check out lines, wherever there are people, we should be using the events of the day to strike up conversations where we can employ biblical sense to arouse their thinking.
8) I would like to see us resist evil at every level as loud as we can. For example, socialized health care is against the principles of the Bible and God’s Word. The IRS, FBI, CIA, NSA, TSA and more violate the laws of God and our country daily. They are against the Bible and God’s Word. We should resist and do so boldly.
9) I would like to see the “church” or American Christians stand up and say “No more” rather than watch as our nation continues its decline–faster and faster.
10) I would like to see the Church–the real Church–find its war footing and engage in this culture war raging on and ravaging our posterity. 2014: Ephesians 6:19–open your mouth BOLDLY to make known the mystery of the gospel. Pray and Act.
By Bill Wilson