By Pastor Jim Garlow
I have been asked “the question” so many times regarding Trump or Hillary. By way of background, I have followed every national convention—Republican and Democrat—from the time I was age 9, and have attended most of the GOP Conventions from 1984 to the present. I have watched the news virtually every day from the age of 8. I have never seen anything like what we are observing.
In spite of the unprecedented nature of this election cycle, I will attempt to respond to “the question.” I am not demanding that anyone else share my view. But I was asked. Here is my best attempt to answer as I am able to see things at this time:
1. The Democratic and Republican party platforms are as different as night and day, in my opinion, as far apart as evil vs. good. The 51-page Democratic platform is the most leftist ever. (I don’t care for the “right vs. left” nomenclature. I am far more concerned with “right vs. wrong.”) The Democratic platform contains many points which are anti-biblical. (Time does not permit me here to identify what is meant by “anti-biblical,” which is covered in my new book Well Versed: Biblical Answers to Today’s Tough Issues.) It is thoroughly socialistic (a socialist is a communist without a gun). The 54-page GOP platform is one of the strongest GOP platforms ever. A biblically alert person could be comfortable with almost all of it. Party platforms are a big issue to me. Although some “blow off” party platforms, I do not. Nor do many people up and down the ballot who are running for office. This is a serious and very important item. I have a hard copy of both platforms in front of me now. Most people have never checked out what the party platforms say. They should. If a person is not drawn to the “top-of-the-ballot” candidate, they ought to at least consider voting for the candidate attached to the best party platform.
2. Analogy #1: Both candidates are flawed. We all know that. But permit me an analogy: As a pastor, I would rather deal with a church attendee who is blatant and brash in his sinning than one who is devious, lying, cunning and deceptive. Both are problematic, but one is easier to deal with than the other. If I were a pastor bringing correction to a parishioner, I would prefer dealing with a “Trump-type” any day over a “Hillary-type.” The chances of making progress with the “Trump-type” are many times greater than the “Hillary-type.”
3. Analogy #2: When my (late) wife’s remarkable and much loved oncologist said, “Don’t take Carol to that alternative (non FDA approved) treatment.” I asked, “Why not?” He said, “The unknown.” I said, “Doctor, your ‘known’ is much worse than the alternative treatment’s ‘unknown.’” I took her to that alternative treatment. One year later that same oncologist went to the alternative treatment doctor to see how it was that Carol had improved so much. While this alternative treatment did not ultimately save her life, it likely stretched two to three years of life to six years of life—by the admission of another one of her brilliant young oncologists who later said, “Without any medical training or scientific fact, you have put together a protocol of treatment that has moved her into the top fraction of 1 percent of survival rates of all patients with Carol’s particular cancer. Application of the analogy: Hillary’s “known” is considerably worse—many times over—than Trump’s “unknown.”
4. Trump has lots of sins in his past (actually, we all do), and—in the present—says things he should not say. I make no attempt to defend any of the things he has said. There is no need to rehearse the wrong things he has said. We know what they are. He should not have thought or said them. But there is no need to rehash them here. So we won’t. But let’s turn to the other candidate. Although America has had some scandal-ridden candidates in its history, we have never seen any one major party candidate more constantly scandalous as Hillary (along with her husband). She seems to exceed all previous boundaries for wrongdoing. The scandals just don’t stop. In the same way we did not take time to list all of Trump’s misstatements, neither will we here rehash the seemingly continuous string of horrific scandals of the Clintons.
5. Trump is slowly being surrounded by increasingly good people. From time to time, I receive encouraging calls regarding this. Can these good people impact Trump? We will see. In contrast, I see no reason for any encouragement regarding the people who surround Hillary.
6. Trump is right on approximately 75 percent of the issues. I wish it was 100 percent. It is not. I am in hopes that those beginning to surround him can help him connect the dots on more issues. Hillary is wrong on 100 percent of the issues.
7. This next issue might be one of the most important, but I suspect few will understand its significance. Trump opposes globalism. Hillary thrives on it. Globalism is far more than “geographical” or “eliminating national borders and boundaries.” It is spiritual and demonic at its core. Few—very few—understand this. This is quite likely one of the main reasons why Trump is hated. Do your homework on this one. Think “principalities and powers.” Serious. Extremely serious.
8. Not voting is not a viable option, contrary to what the “purists” claim. It is not my intention to begin a war of the issue. I know that some radically disagree with this. My view? They have the right to be wrong.
9. Voting for a third party candidate is—regardless of what is said—a complete “throw-away.” No third party candidate will be elected, or even come remotely close to being elected. And yes, that matters to me. And for the record, the Libertarian ticket—Johnson and Weld—is nearly as bad on many issues as Hillary. When I listen to them, I am stunned people of their ability have ever made it to elective office.
10. Trump has moved pro-life. Hillary is pro-baby killing, and prides herself on that, and honors the organization—Planned Parenthood—that actually traffics human parts from dead babies whom they have killed. This is below anything we have seen since Nazi Germany. The gall of Hillary! The Clintons have evaded justice for decades and likely will continue to. But they will someday stand before the Great White Throne. They will have to give account of their support of the ripping babies to shreds in the womb. For the record, those who vote for those who support the genocide of pre-borns will also have to give an account.
11. Trump wants to defend the nation (which is the purpose of government). Hillary has a horrific track record as Secretary of State, and due to hundreds of millions of dollars given to her and her husband’s foundation, she is beholden to those who want us dead.
12. Hillary claims “everything is fine” in America. This defies every single fact, but facts have never been an interest of Hillary’s. Trump understands that it is 11:59 p.m. on the “cultural clock.” America is near the end—morally, economically, militarily and, sadly, spiritually. There are very clear identifiable indicators—measurable ones—that America is no longer the world’s leading power. That day is over. Hillary will hasten the final destruction. Trump could either slow that down—or possibly, with God’s help—reverse it. Maybe.
13. Trump will address the massive government spending. Hillary will expand it above the existing unsustainable debt the U.S. currently is carrying (almost $20 trillion plus unfunded liabilities to Social Security, etc).
14. Trump will expose—and I pray, bring down—”the systemic evil” (crony, deceitful, misuse of capitalism) that reigns among many high-dollar lobbyists. Hillary thrives because of them.
15. Trump will stop the massive overreach of government. Hillary will extend it.
16. Freedoms come in “threes.” Political freedom, economic freedom and religious liberty coexist together. Take one away and the other two will eventually disappear. One cannot exist without the other two. The genius of America is that it had all three, until recently. Trump fully grasps the loss of religious liberty. I have heard him speak on it in person on several occasions. He knows that economic and political freedoms are evaporating. He will reverse that. Hillary will decimate all three.
17. Every rational person knows the Supreme Court appointments are paramount. Trump has listed 11 superb potential nominees. Hillary’s appointments would snuff out the tiny vestige of the three freedoms that are left (mentioned in the statement above).
18. I make no excuse for wrongdoing or wrongful, hurtful words from either candidate. Candidly, I want King Jesus. He rules in my heart. And yours too, I suspect. And I want Him to rule here—now. But that day is not fully manifested—yet. In the meantime, we prayerfully, carefully navigate this challenging election season, with great concern that above all, we honor our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in every arena of our lives, including the voting booth. That is my hope. I believe it is yours as well.
About The Author
Dr. Jim Garlow is pastor of Skyline Church in San Diego. He is also co-founder of The Jefferson Gathering, a weekly worship service for members of Congress at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C.
If You Like This Article – Consider Reading This One…
SWORD – The Home Defense Weapon
By Ray Gano
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
~ Jesus – Luke 22:36
I know that many gun lovers are going to make fun of this article and think it is ridiculous, but a sword is a perfect home defense weapon.
Here are some quick points…
Bullets go through walls, swords don’t.
Everyone has been cut badly, it hurts a lot. Very few people have been shot. There is a psychological effect just thinking of getting cut by a big huge sword causes people to run.
I would love to know the so called 120 republicans who signed a letter the RNC asking them to stop funding Trump so i would know who not to vote for. It is obvious to me those rino’s are working with Hillary for they all work for the NWO (CFR, Trilateral Commission etc) There is no way under the sun any real conservative could justify not voting for Trump right Glen Beck?
I hope you are right. We really do not have a choice – it cannot be Hillary. One thing I worry about is the globalist signs Trump gives – the satanic handsigns they all give. Could he be in the position he is in if he wasn’t one of them?
This is what really gets me angry. We could be at the end of Ron Pauls’ second term. A Christian who would have stopped most of the evil in this nations Government. Instead we had morons like James Dobson give his blessing to McCain and Romney. Both of whom are evil. Folks there is no Republicans vs Democrats or Conservative vs Liberal. It is the STATE VS. YOU. Government vs. the Individual. Tyranny vs. Liberty. PLEASE research the false Left Vs. Right Paradigm. Our political system is corrupt. It is controlled by the big banks and big corporations. Their lobbyists buy the politicians who write laws to benefit them. President Eisenhower also warned us about the Military Industrial complex. Do any of you know what the Federal Reserve does or who it is owned by? Do you know who the CFR, Trilateral commission, Bilderberg or any of those other secret societies are and what they do. DO YOU KNOW WHAT ZIONISM IS? Now, before you go calling me an anti semite, go read Revelations 2:9 and Revelations 3:9. Do you know who our Lord and Savior is talking about? Do you know who the synagogue of Satan is? Jesus said his people parish from lack of knowledge.
As a Ron Paul Republican, one who was a state Delegate for 2 election terms, I hold my nose and will be voting for big Government loving Trump. Johnson is a globalist with a gun grabbing CFR chump as his pick for VP. If you do vote for TPP, global warming tax supporting, CFR loving Johnson, you will waste your vote this election cycle. All I know is that the Globalist Illuminati hate Trump for some reason. Newt the globalist Gingrich said it on FOX, He has not gone through the initiation rights of the Illuminati. You can watch that for yourself on youtube. The Rothchilds Family has controlled all banking for many family generations. They are Zionist Jews (see Revelation 2:9 and Revelation 3:9). They have funded both sides of almost every war for the last 400 years. If what I say sounds like a bunch of conspiracy bung to you, YOU, need to do your research. The US is about to be judged by God Almighty. I pray, that you are all preparing. READ YOUR BIBLES. MYSTERY BABYLON IS THE USA. His judgement is coming. So much more to say but I hope you will start preparing and most of all Pray for our nation and your families. Buy atleast one years worth of storage food for each member of your family. Store enough water the same. Medications, ammo, firearms. Anything that you need, you need to stock up on. Get extra for those who God will send to you. PLEASE FOLKS… I BEG YOU… GET READY NOW. TIME IS SHORT.
[…] If You’re On the Fence About Your Vote, This Pastor Clarifies How the Very Future of America Is At… […]
[…] If You’re On the Fence About Your Vote, This Pastor Clarifies How the Very Future of America Is At… […]
The one fact that refutes this entire essay is that Donald Trump is a pathological liar. This is the same fact that nullifies Wayne Grudem’s silly essay. It doesn’t matter what the current platform is, and it doesn’t matter what donald Trump promises. He is a liar with a capital “L”, and has been a liar for decades. So, this whole essay is rendered meaningless.
Hi, I do agree that Trump is the lessor of the two evils. I do not feel Trump is as corrupt or as gready as Clinton. However, please look at the fact that Trump and the Clintons have been long time close friends for over two decades. Look at all the money Trump gave in to the Clinton foundation. It is no coincidence that Trump is running against his friend,… just look at older videos 2013 and back of him supporting fully the Clinton. It is more than a rumor that Bill Clinton coached him in running… and was told to run a hard campaign, (a bit nasty) to scare people into voting for her. Trump was a Democrat prior to running don’t forget. Also please look at the fact that Clinton and the DNC stole the primaries from Bernie Sanders. Senator Sanders was a man that even the Pope supported because of his stance on peace. Now if “they”…Clintons + corporations.. can steal the Primaries what makes you not think they can steal the general election? Since many republicans are switching sides in this election, the whole Bush family +++ I honestly feel they will steal this election. Clinton can be bought. Trump cannot as much. The people must stand up to this.
Will this go through?